Location: Lizard Island, Australia
Suite: The House
Hotel: Lizard Island
Bathrooms: 4 (all ensuite)
Size: The House: 260 sqm/2,800 sqft internal, 56 sqm/600 sqft covered terraces and 106 sqm/1,140 sqft rooftop, and The Cottage: 69 sqm/742 sqft internal, 48 sqm/516 sqft external
Rates: From AUD $16,000 for two persons at The House or AUD$28,000 per night for eight persons for The House and Cottage
Rates are only an approximation and subject to change and availability
Enjoy exclusive Virtuoso benefits when you book this suite with us. Email email@example.com
© The House at Lizard Island / Lizard Island
What makes it special?
The House, a world-class reef house situated on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef is for guests seeking unparalleled levels of privacy and personalised service alongside barefoot adventure and a genuine connection to nature. Newly built on a pristine headland of the exclusive Lizard Island, The House, and its adjoining residence The Cottage, make up the Estate, a rare and compelling offering which embody all things authentically Australian and the opportunity to enjoy laidback luxury at its finest.
Guests have their pick of both the main multi-level residence The House, as well as The Cottage, a separate single level sanctuary, conveniently situated nearby for an au pair, an older child, or grandparents. Up to eight guests can enjoy an all-inclusive stay on The Estate, with a private host dedicated to curating a perfectly unique experience for guests.
An all-inclusive stay at The House is completely bespoke with a team of experts on hand to accommodate all conceivable wants and needs, a naturalist to lead hikes, a private chef and sommelier to cater to all tastes, a facialist, masseuse and yoga instructor to enhance wellness journeys. The House itself comes with a fleet of boats available for all kinds of intimate encounters with the reef including ‘Pisces’, a 56’ Riviera Motor Yacht available for tailor-made experiences like fishing trips or day exploring the reef and nearby islands with a chef on-hand in to cook up your fresh catch of the day.
The House is the pinnacle of luxury reef accommodation, offering complete seclusion and privacy, perfect for multi-generational travellers or special occasions that call for a truly memorable getaway.
- Return scenic charter flights to Lizard Island from Cairns
- Transfers from Lizard Island Airport to The House (either by four-wheel drive or boat depending on guest preference)
- Chauffeured transfers between The House and the resort
- Private Host for the duration of stay to curate your itinerary and attend to your every request
- Private access to 3 pristine beaches on the Estate with another 21 beaches to explore on-island
- Premium food and beverages including a private chef and sommelier on hand for all meals
- A sunset cruise followed by dinner on the beach
- Priority access at preferred rates to charter “Pisces” – a luxury 56’ motor yacht for reef snorkelling, swimming, diving and fishing
- Unlimited use of “Mojo” – a twin 140hp Seaswift RIB to experience the surrounding islands and private beach drop-offs
- Tour of the National Park with a naturalist to experience the flora, fauna and sacred sites
- Tour of the Australian Museum’s on-island Research Station
- Full use of resort facilities including pools, tennis court, gymnasium, restaurant and bars
- 1 hour per couple of day-spa services over a 3-night stay; either in-house or at the resort’s wellness centre
Find out more about The House at Lizard Island
Advertising disclaimer: The Suite of the Month posts may not be editorial in nature, and may be sponsored posts made in collaboration with the hotel/resort/villa.