INTRODUCTION TO W RETREAT AND SPA MALDIVES
The North Ari Atoll is home to some of Maldives’ most spectacular reefs, and the 78-room W Retreat and Spa Maldives features one of the Maldives’ most prominent overwater jetties, perfect for the young honeymooning couple.
Date of stay: October 2013
Enjoy exclusive Starwood Preferred Guest benefits when you book this resort. Email email@example.com
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
WHAT I LOVED
- Location. Even for the Maldives, this is a stunning location.
- Beach. While the island itself is quite small, the beaches that circumnavigate the island are stunning and true to the Maldives’ promise of soft, white sand. The area near the spa houses the best beach.
- Villas. The overwater villas in particular are very spacious and very well laid out, with ample indoor and outdoor lounging space, including shaded areas. The beach villas offer good value for size/space.
- House reef. I’m not a big snorkeler/diver, but marine enthusiasts will very much appreciate perhaps one of the Maldives’ best house reefs. If choosing a resort based on how good the snorkeling is from your bed/the beach, then the W Maldives is the place for it.
POINTS TO NOTE
- Ambiance. As this is a W, the ambiance is much more ‘chic and hip’ than ‘barefoot luxury’, including unusual amenities such as underground nightclub (reputedly the only one of its kind in the Maldives).
- Renovation. The resort underwent renovation and makeover in 2015.
- Following immigration, luggage claim and customs clearance at Velana International Airport (MLE) , an assistant will escort you to the W Maldives Retreat and Spa lounge near the airport that features drinks, light refreshments and a pre-check-in procedure. Guests are then taken by seaplane on schedule charter to the resort.
- As seaplanes only take off during daylight, late arrivals into Velana International Airport will require an overnight stopover. Guests can choose to stay at a hotel near the airport on Male, or stay in more luxurious accomodation overnight at the nearby Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa, accessible from Male by speedboat.
HOTEL FACT SHEET
- LOCATION: Fesdu Island, North Ari Atoll, Maldives
- OPENED: 2006
- HOTEL ROOMS: 78
- RESIDENCE VILLAS: N/A
- RATES FROM: USD 900/night++
Rates are only an approximation and subject to change and availability
- PRIVATE ISLAND HIRE AVAILABLE
OFFICIAL HOTEL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
© W Hotels & Resorts