INTRODUCTION TO MANDARIN ORIENTAL, TAIPEI
Located at Songshan, a financial district at Taipei. Mandarin Oriental Taipei is the most luxurious hotel in Taipei with 303 rooms and suites. The hotel is elegantly designed to the highest standards.
Date of stay: June 2017
Enjoy exclusive Virtuoso benefits when you book this resort. Email email@example.com
VIDEOS by CHINMOYLAD
WHAT I LOVED
- Rooms & Bathroom. The size of the Deluxe Room is at 55m2, which is among the largest entry level room in Taipei. The spacious rooms provide ample lounging space apart from the king-size bed. The marble bathroom is luxuriously designed with separated shower and bathtub and equipped with Diptyque amenities.
- Spa. One of the most luxurious spas in Taiwan, with 12 treatment suites including 4 Couple’s Suites and 2 VIP Double Suites. Beautifully designed and decorated.
- Service. Professional and consistent service. Polite and efficient during check-in and check-out.
POINTS TO NOTE
- Location. The surrounding area is lifeless, especially at night, and all attractions are a metro or drive away. Not entirely suitable for travellers who want to experience the Taiwan’s nightlife. The hotel is 5 minutes walk to the nearest MRT station and 15 minutes drive to Taipei 101.
- Restaurants. There are four restaurants at the hotel, as well as a cake shop and a bar, serving Italian, Chinese and International cuisine.
- Oriental Lounge. The Oriental Lounge can only be exclusively accessed by Club guests.
- Facilities. The hotel has a decent fitness centre, but the 20-meters swimming pool is neither impressive (resembling a ‘clubhouse’ pool) or well maintained (torn linen on the sun loungers)
- The Arcade. Part of the arcade was still under construction during the stay period, it will provide the hotel with the much-needed atmosphere.
HOTEL FACT SHEET
- LOCATION: Taipei, Taiwan
- OPENED: 2014
- HOTEL ROOMS: 256
- HOTEL SUITES: 47
- RATES FROM: USD 350/night++
Rates are only an approximation and subject to change and availability
OFFICIAL HOTEL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
© Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group