Montage Big Sky opens in Montana
(From Montage Hotels & Resorts press release) Montage Hotels & Resorts announced the opening of Montage Big Sky, a modern alpine retreat offering an elevated spirit of comfort and distinctive amenities that epitomize today’s sense of luxury, in an idyllic location for year-round adventures in Southwest Montana. The resort is located less than an hour from Yellowstone National Park and surrounded by vast wilderness. Montage Big Sky brings the first luxury resort to the destination, offering an unparalleled array of experiences for every season, including ski-in/ski-out access to Big Sky Resort’s 5,850 skiable acres, three world-class Blue Ribbon fly-fishing rivers, a private 18-hole golf course designed by Tom Weiskopf, a 10,000-square-foot Spa Montage, mountain-inspired dining and more.
To book this hotel with exclusive benefits and more including upgrades, email [email protected]
Want to book the hotel yourself? Click here
Developed in partnership with Lone Mountain Land Company, the development affiliate of CrossHarbor Capital Partners, Montage Big Sky features 139 artfully designed guestrooms, suites, and residences; six distinct dining venues; Spa Montage Big Sky, the first full-service spa experience in the destination featuring cutting-edge wellness technology; an expansive fitness center and indoor lap pool; state-of-the-art recreation room with sports simulators; bowling alley; and a curated art collection featuring works from local and regional artists.
Concepted by Hart Howerton with interiors by BraytonHughes Design Studios, Montage Big Sky was designed as a contemporary take on the classic North American lodge. Fashioned with a modern sensibility in a palette of timeless materials, including regional wood and stones, and taking iconic elements from Montana’s history – from mining, timber, agriculture, and ranching – Montage Big Sky is an elegant expression of mountain luxury that embodies the incomparable spirit and hospitality of the American West.
The guestrooms and suites showcase rustic hues and a neutral palette accented by pops of color in small details. In-room artworks contain a texture or tactility that conveys warmth and calmness, while others reference the experience of the resort and its surroundings. A collection of 39 Montage Residences range in size from two to six bedrooms. Featuring timeless, comfortable styling, each embodies an enduring palette of regional materials such as hand-stacked stone, western-inspired lighting, and custom cabinetry, as well as state-of-the art kitchens and grand fireplaces.
Culinary and Beverage Offerings
Montage Big Sky delights guests with six inspiring dining venues featuring authentic epicurean experiences shaped by the rich agricultural heritage and wild bounty of Montana.
- The resort’s signature dining experience Cortina serves rustic Northern Italian infused with local flare, perfect for satisfying appetites heightened by a day of alpine adventures. The menu features flavors of Northern Italy and an extensive selection of global wines served in a warm, inviting setting with an open-hearth, wood-fire oven, and stunning views.
- Alpenglow is named for the vibrant pink-hued sunsets that light up the local mountains at the close of the day. The menu features savory bites with local brews and expertly handcrafted cocktails in a comfortable space of warm wood, glowing fireplaces, and floor-to-ceiling windows. A highlight includes the Après “Bubbles & Raclette” cart with artisanal accoutrements.
- The Living Room sits in the heart of the lobby framed by expansive windows with vistas of the Spanish Peaks. Warm and inviting, it’s a social hub for sharing experiences of the day with the coziness of a residential living room and offerings including Montana-inspired bourbon high tea service, and classic tabletop games to play with friends and family.
- Beartooth Pub & Rec is an ideal destination for the young and young-at-heart with classic pub fare, wood-fired pizzas, decadent desserts and local craft beers served alongside amusements from bowling to darts and vintage arcade games.
- Wildflower Market features local artisan goods, take-away meals, specialty coffee and tea, house-made ice cream, and more. Specialties include custom picnic baskets for guests to take on outdoor adventures and custom meal kits for those staying in residences.
- The signature open-air Backcast Bar & Grille, opening in Summer 2022, showcases classic barbecue and smokehouse cooking at its finest. Come winter, it hosts the ultimate après-ski experience with hearty meals and craft cocktails, while in summer it’s the setting for Montana-inspired sandwiches, seasonal cocktails, lounging by the pool, and dining under the sun.
Spa and Wellness
With an unparalleled mountain backdrop heightening relaxation, Spa Montage Big Sky delivers one-of-a-kind services and amenities in an alpine-inspired space. Design touches such as surfaces appearing as rocks that have been abstracted and sliced from boulders, angled millwork that mimics the angles of snowy mountaintops, and calming cove lighting suffuse the 10,000-square foot spa, creating a destination to embrace wellness within the twelve treatment rooms that include two couples’ treatment rooms, a full-service salon, as well as indoor lap pool, his and hers relaxations areas, heated plunge pools, and steam rooms. Spa goers can also access a state-of-the-art fitness center surrounded by mountain views, with a studio for classes and a Yoga Lawn for soft arts practices.
Montage Big Sky offers unparalleled access to seasonal outdoor pursuits for active and adventurous guests of all skill levels. Like Montana itself, options are expansive, from ski-in/ski-out access to Big Sky Resort’s 5,850 skiable acres and direct access to Spanish Peaks Mountain Club’s 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course, to destination excursions that include snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, dog sledding, ice skating, guided tours of Yellowstone National Park, mountain biking, hiking and world-renowned fly-fishing.
Exclusive programming and equipment are available through the resort’s recreation outfitter, Compass Sports. Compass Sports has refined the resort’s ski and snowboard experience for the comfort of guests, who will find warm boots awaiting them in the morning, ski valets to assist with equipment needs, on-mountain hosts, and the most-current advanced ski tuning. Powder Park, located just steps from Compass Sports, is a one-of-a-kind recreation space featuring a 450-foot tubing hill, snow play, as well as a designated area for less experienced skiers and snowboarders looking to hone their skills prior to hitting the slopes.
For families, Montage’s signature immersive children’s program Paintbox, delights younger guests with elevated versions of locally inspired indoor and outdoor pursuits based on daily themes such as Camp Thunderbird, where children can make plaster casts of animal tracks and learn outdoor camping skills, and the Olympics, where they are invited to partake in Olympic themed activities such as obstacle courses and outdoor games, earning medals along the way.
For more information, visit https://www.montagehotels.com/bigsky
All images are © Montage Hotels & Resorts / Montage Big Sky